Fractured is a sandbox MMO by Dynamight Studios.
Fractured is the first open-world sandbox MMORPG mixing action combat with fully interactable environments, appealing equally to lovers of competitive and cooperative gameplay. Jump right into the fray from day one. Defeat your enemies through your own skill and cleverness, not equipment or level. Gather resources, craft, trade and venture into legendary travels as a solitary hero, or start a settlement with your guild and grow it into the next empire.
|~ from the official site|
Business model[edit | edit source]
Fractured is intended to be released under a "buy to play" model which grants permanent access to the game without requiring a monthly subscription.
VIP membership[edit | edit source]
An optional VIP membership is expected to be available offering the following perks for about $10 a month:
- Discounts on Store items
- Unique cosmetic rewards for accumulated VIP time
- Other potential vanity rewards
- Additional study slots
- Increased Knowledge point gains
Universe[edit | edit source]
The game universe of Fractured consists of three very different worlds. Which world a character starts on depends on their race, and as travel between worlds is reportedly limited, a character may experience most of the game on one of these three worlds:
- Syndesia: Dominated by a human feudal society, this world offers a mixture of cooperative and competitive gameplay.
- Arboreus: Dominated by a peaceful beastman society, this world offers largely defensive cooperative gameplay in a otherwise peaceful society.
- Tartaros: A hostile world with a scarce resources to which demons are banished to prey upon each other. This world offers primarily competitive gameplay.
Economy[edit | edit source]
The economy of Fractured is completely player-driven with all items being crafted by players. Players can earn their living by:
- Claiming and defending free land in the open world for farming and shepherding.
- Gathering wood and mineral resources, potentially avoiding or fending off disapproving locals.
- Hunting and scavenging resources from the world's wildlife.
Some types of resources may be available only on one or two worlds.
Progression[edit | edit source]
The progression system of Fractured will allow freshly created characters to participate immediately in the most epic adventures of the game. It is more about accumulating knowledge and reputation than a traditional MMO leveling system.